Our team loves what we do. Each day, we come to work excited to build our products because we believe they help people learn about themselves and work well with others. We also make them beautiful and fun to use.
As we start the new year and the Thicket team is ready for new opportunities, we want to deliver an open invitation. We invite new partners and investors to reach out with their own ideas or join us to explore some of our passion projects (animal welfare, safe spaces, and virtual reality to name a few).
Some milestones that made our third year our best yet:
2016 by the Numbers
- 1500 people directly engaged
- 100 teams directly supported
- 65 organizations directly supported
- 40 organizations indirectly supported
- Thicket partners with the Knowledge House and ThoughtWorks NYC to launch TechTank with 50 mentorship teams of young techies and industry pros.
- Thicket and The Knowledge House go to SXSW Interactive to talk about TechTank.
- We bring our collaborative intelligence workshops to the Parsons Design Intelligence Conference.
- We launch our Audience and Identity Quiz at the Made in NY Media Center's Demo Day.
- We start operations at the Thicket Labs R&D Centre in Ontario, Canada, lead by our CTO Dr. Vijay Mago to focus on emerging innovation.
- We launch our research collaboration with McGill University to develop a predictive model of homelessness in Montreal, Canada.
- We work with Lifehack to conduct our first cross-continental workshop with New Zealand youth mental health practitioners.
- We respond to a momentous election with our own call to action to Rebuild Together -- more on this below.
- We work with the Movement Strategy Center to launch the #LeadWithLove website, growing to over 900 members strong in just five weeks.
- We use the Possibility Engine for real-time team matching at the Build For Justice Hackathon in partnership with ThoughtWorks and the NY Civic Engagement Roundtable.
- We work with the NYC Department of Health to map knowledge and resource flows across 20 collaborating teams throughout NYC boroughs.
- We wrap up our first virtual reality project, developed in collaboration with ThoughtWorks NYC.
- We're heating up on the research and evaluation front in early 2017 -- look for reports that assess healthcare systems impact and model influences on student career choices.
- The Possibility Engine is coming! It's nearly time to open up the possibilities for everyone. Join the waiting list to find out first when our beta launches in early 2017.
- We'll be back at SXSW 2017 to talk about the future of film experience by seeing viewer emotions along with Dance Films Association and the Film Society at Lincoln Center.
A Call to Action
As 2017 opens up, there's a lot of unpredictability in the air. To channel that energy into shared futures we actually want, we need to rebuild our local communities together. If this idea resonates with you, a social group, or a network of collaborators you're part of, please get in touch. We want to help.
Demos, Panels, and Presentations